A pioneer of progressive education, Dr. Maria Montessori believed in the power of the child’s innate talent and curiosity and stressed the importance of letting them follow their interests.
Inly’s Montessori+ curriculum is centered around the traditional principles set out by Dr. Montessori:
- Education for the whole child to support intellectual, physical, emotional, and social development.
- Multi-age classrooms that provide a collaborative learning environment and promote peer-to peer learning.
- Respect for the child’s capacity to make decisions and be independent.
- A prepared environment where everything has a purpose and a place guides the development of logical thought processes.
- A structure that allows freedom of movement within the classroom and the ability for students to choose and master their own work.
- An individualized curriculum based on each student’s interests, abilities and needs.