The Inly Library has a rich selection of reading materials that reflect our community and the increasingly diverse world in which our students will live. The goal of Inly’s Summer Reading, like our school-year literature program, is to encourage lifelong reading and nurture respect for all people.
Summer Reading List
Why Summer Work?
Why does Inly assign academic work over the summer?
As educators, we know that the continued practice with reading, writing, and math during the summer yields significant and important returns. As a Montessori school, we also believe in the importance of balance.
We suggest a little reading, writing and arithmetic; lots of exploration in your home, community and world; plus, surf and sand, games and puzzles.
Current and Newly Enrolled Inly Parents:
- Summer reading list
- Required reading for each level
- Reading contiuum information guide
- Summer work information for each level
- PDFs of summer work assignments
- Video tutorials for online work (Upper Elementary & Middle School)